S a f e t y
Earth Paints were developed primarily with safety, sustainability, and quality in mind. Using natural earth pigments, our paints are safe, certified non-toxic, and organic. They have been tested by government approved toxicologists and are 100% non-toxic. But no matter how tantalizing they seem, we still do not recommend ingesting them and please avoid inhaling the dust.
For the children’s kit, it’s best to use the paint mixture promptly after mixing or refrigerate it because the milk in the paint will spoil after a few days if left out. Refrigerate them in a closed container and they will last as long as milk lasts (1-2 weeks). Wash hands after use.
* Note Possible Allergen: Children’s Paints contain organic milk protein (from happy, local, organic cow dairy)
*Paints are safe to wash down the sink.
* Conforms to ASTMD-4236
If you’ve used toxic paints for years, here are some easy ways to detox those nasty chemicals.
Did you know………
Arts and crafts products do not usually list ingredients. Consumers rely upon “non-toxic” certification, believing that their art materials have undergone sufficient testing to ensure the products they use are safe. Don’t let these labels fool you.
Art pigments (colors) are commonly made from petrochemicals, and the actual hazards of these materials are not always known. In the US,
synthetic pigments that have never been tested for toxicity can be labeled “non-toxic.” The rationale? There is no data to prove otherwise.
Arts and crafts paints are exempt from consumer paint lead laws, and often contain lead, cadmium, and a host of toxic ingredients like formaldehyde (a carcinogen), one of the most common paint preservatives. Be careful what you paint with or give your child to paint with.