How to store your mixed oil paints (or keep them wet longer) [NATURAL EARTH PAINT] August 24 2013
How to Store Your Mixed Earth Oil Paints & Keep them Wet Longer
A common question we get is.... "After mixing up a large batch of Earth Oil Paint, how do I keep it wet for a long period?"
2. Put two drops of clove oil in your paints when you mix them. Note: There is a slight risk of clove oil darkening your paint in the long term.
3. Put a small sponge in your palette box and add a drop or two of clove oil to the sponge to keep paints pliant
4. Smear some clove oil inside of a small glass jar, put the jar upside down over glob of paint on glass palette
5. Put Cling film over your palette.
6. Put covered palette in fridge.
7. If you mix up a very large amount, you can use an empty paint tube, scoop the paint with a palette knife into the tube and seal it up, airtight.